What is the Garment of Praise
GARMENT OF PRAISE
The spirit of heaviness is a grief man try to keep to himself, it is an inward state that reflects in the
totality of a man.
This heaviness of spirit puts a weight upon the man’s activity and clogs him in all things.
A man with a spirit of heaviness rarely see hope ahead of him.
They are weigh down with load of sins and a blink tomorrow. Romans 8:1
This heaviness of spirit also renders everything around the man heavy. Matt 11:28
The joy we have today is that Jesus has replaced the spirit of heaviness with garment of praise and he
is still doing so.
1 Peter 5:7
WHAT IS A GARMENT?
A garment is a covering that covers a man's nakedness.
GARMENT OF PRAISE
Simply put garment of praise is having a covering of gratitude, thanksgiving and adoration.
A wise man conceals his spirit of heaviness but when The Lord takes that away you cannot but
express your gratitude. Psalm 103:1-5; Psalm 96:2-3
WHAT IS THE GARMENT OF PRAISE MADE OF?
1. Observation of God's mercy. To observe is to watch carefully.Psalm 124:1-4, Psalm 68:19
2. Consideration of God Divine Grace. Psalm 103:1-2. Consideration is an act of thinking carefully.
3. Rightly Estimate God's Mercy. To estimate is to form a general idea of the value of something.
4. Speak it out. Psalm 59:16, Psalm 89:1. Praise is the open declaration of the gratitude which is felt
BENEFIT OF PUTTING ON THE GARMENT OF PRAISE.
1. It challenges God to do more.
2. It takes off the battles from you. 2 Chronicles 20:22
3. The garment of praise attracts fruitfulness on every side. Psalm 67:5
4. It distinguish you, you will be easily identified even by the camp of the enemy who you belong to.
5. It is a springboard for pleasant surprises. Acts 16:23-26
HOW DO YOU PUT ON THIS GARMENT
Put off your garment of sin and shame by acknowledging your inadequacies. Matt 9:16
Delight yourself in the Lord
Seek after Him.
Express your gratitude by yielding all you are to him.
WHO SHOULD PUT ON THIS GARMENT?
As many that appreciate freedom from the burden of sin.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE WEAR IT.
1 Thess 5:18
It should be on you all the time because it never wears out.it keeps you away from the spirit of