The Glory of God by Pastor Joshua Olaleye-Digging Deep
The glory of man is at best like the flower of grass, 1 Pet. 1:24. In fact, Solomon at his best did not compare favourably with lilies of the field, Mat. 6:28-29. Whereas the glory of the Lord is like a devouring fire, Exod. 24:17. If a sinner, not covered in the blood of the Lamb, should look on Him, the glory of his face alone will kill the sinner instantly, Exodus 33:18-23. But a saved soul will obtain a portion of this eternal Divine glory, II Timothy 2:10.
1. DIVINE GLORY IS BRIGHTER THAN THE NOON-DAY SUN: Saul of Tarsus saw the glory of God at noon-day and it was brighter than the noon-day sun. John the revelator saw Jesus in full glory and described His hair as whiter than earthly white, His eyes as flame of fire, His feet like brass in a furnace, His voice loud, deep and yet soft, His countenance as the radiance of the sun on a cloudless day. When the Apostles saw Him in glory, the very garments He wore changed colours, Acts 22:6, Rev. 19:11-12, Mark 9:2-6.
2. THE HUMAN BODY IS TOO WEAK TO WITHSTAND HIS GLORY: Whenever the glory of God appears to ordinary men, there are serious reactions. For example, His glory drove out the priests in Solomon’s temple, prevented Moses from entering the tabernacle, revealed the sinful state of Isaiah, knocked down Ezekiel and Saul of Tarsus, and knocked out Daniel and John the revelator. His glory can kill a careless priest our bodies must be changed to be able to fully enter into His glory at His second coming. I Kings 8:15-18, Exod. 40:34-35, Isaiah 6:1-5, Ezek. 1:26-28, Acts 9:3-4, Daniel 8:15-18, Rev. 1:17, Leviticus 16:2, Luke 2:9, Philippians 3:21, II Corinthians 4:17.
3. DIVINE GLORY HAS WEIGHT: THE MORE SOULS YOU WIN THE HEAVIER YOUR GLORY: There are different kinds of glories and one glory excels another. For instance, the glory of grace excels the glory of the law. Also, glory has weight and some are heavier than other. And since one condition for obtaining glory is winning souls, it follows therefore that the more souls you win, the heavier will be your weight of glory. I Cor.15:40-41, II Cor.3:5-11, II Cor.4:17, I Thess.2:19-20, Daniel 12:3, John 15:8.
4. BELIEVERS CAN SHARE IN THE DIVINE GLORY: Since everything about God is glorious, His holiness, His works, the honour of His majesty, His gospel, His liberty, His power, and His appearing, it follows that His church must be glorious too. Which means that believers, who constitute His Church, must share in His glory. But there are conditions to be satisfied before you can share in His glory apart from being born again. Some of them are; you must (i) be holy, (ii) suffer with Him, (iii) win souls, (iv) be wise, (v) be full of good works, (vi) keep your body, souls, and spirit pure. Exod.15:11, Ps.111:3, Ps.145:5, II Cor.4:4, Rom.8:21, Col.1:11, Titus 2:13, Eph.5:27, Matt.19:28, 13:43, Rom.8:17, Prov.3:35, Isa.24:16, I Pet.4:12-14, Rom.2:10, I Cor.6:20.
5. YOU CAN BRING HIS GLORY DOWN TODAY: To bring down the glory of God at any time, all you need to do is praise Him. But all present must do so in one accord i.e. with one heart and mind and with the same purpose in view. Also, if you intend to praise Him at all, you must do it gloriously. Ps.50:23, II Chron.5:13-14, Rom.15:6, Ps.66:2.