We use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. We do this to improve browsing experience and to show personalized ads. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
Your comments are highly appreciated
Tuesday, 27th March, 2012
Host Minister: Bro Odewale Olaniyi
Topic: Absolute Obedience to GOD
Total obedience is the key to success in Christian life. A Christian that aspires to succeed in his or her Christian race should be ready to do what God says and what God means. God always bless those who obey him and pronounced a curse on those who disobey him. Humble, unquestioning, absolute and implicit obedience rendered to God by his creature has been, and always will be, pleasing to the heavenly Father (Proverbs 10:12)
WHY ABSOLUTE OBEDIENCE TO GOD
• God is Almighty- Genesis 17:1, Isaiah 6:3, 2Corith 6:18
• We are created in God’s image and we are Ambassadors- Genesis 1:26, 2Corith 5:20
• Love of God-John 14:15, 21, 23-24
• God commanded it- Exodus 20:3, Leviticus 22:31
• God’s Showers of Blessing will only come on the obedient- Deuteronomy 28:1-13
SOME AREAS OF OBEDIENCE INDEED
• Repentance- Acts 2:38, Math 3:2, Math 4:7
• Faith backed works- Hebrew 11:6, James 2:20-21, Galatians 3:9
• Word- Romans 10-17, Psalm 119:11, Deut 6:6
• Holiness- 1peter 1:13-16, Lev 20:7, Romans 12:1, Heb 12:14
• Unconditional Love- Lev 19:18, Deut 6:5, 1 peter 4:8
• Cheerful Giving- 2 Corith 9:6-7, Prov 11:24, Luke 6:38, Acts 20:35
• Humility- 1 peter 5:6, James 4:10, Math 23:12, Philippians 2:8
• Devotion- Psalm 63:1, John 4:24, Heb 5:8-9
• Prayer- 1 Thess 5:17, Luke 18:1, James 5:16
• True Service- John 15:16, Math 28:19-20, Joshua 24:15, Eph 6:5-8
• Fellowship- Math 18:20, Heb 10:25
• Forgiveness-Romans 12:19-21, Math 5:23-26, Luke 6:28-38
Note that partial obedience or even 99% obedience to God is disobedience as evidenced from the case of Saul in 1samuel 15:2-3, 7-9, 20-23. Saul lost his throne for partial obedience. For us to have the showers of blessings we need to obey God 100%. May God Grant us all Grace of absolute obedience to him in Jesus Name. Amen