Digging Deep 15th May, 2012
Stars shine at night, which is fitting because there is certainly a lot of darkness in our world today. Isaiah 9:2 says, “The people who work in darkness will see a great light”. This is the light that shines in darkness (John 1:5). The light of Jesus is not satisfied until it has invaded the whole world. How? Through the efforts of the stars of Jesus.
Host Minster: Bro Ebenezer Ausi
How can someone become a shinning star?
- You cannot shine except you are in Christ Jesus; Matt 5:14
- Total obedience to God: Phil 2:12a; Col 3:22;
- Work ot your own salvation: 2:12b-134; Just as we daily work out plans for ourselves, we also need to have spiritual work plans. How?
- Paul did not say that we can earn salvation; Gal 2:21, Titus 2:11
- Paul did not say that there is anything more needed for salvation other than faith in God Eph 2:8
- We need to be doing things that will stimulate our spiritual growth such as;