Sunday, 24 September 2023
Topic: Victory over the evil days
A/P Ehimare Odafen
– Ecclesiastes 12:1
– Daniel 11:32b
– Ephesians 5:15-16
– Philippians 3:10
– Isaiah 40:20-29
– 1 John 2:12-14
– Proverbs 24:10
– Ephesians 6:10-18
– Genesis 5:24
– Hebrews 11
– Hebrews 12:1-2
Classification of the evil days
1. Days of challenges, trials, temptation, persecution
– As far as we are here on earth, the evil days of trials and persecution continue.
– When Jesus came, he was not exempted from evil days, but he overcame them all.
– Women like Rebecca, Sarah, and Hannah faced such trials, but all overcame.
– Some of us have compromised our faith in the face of challenges. We are to stand strong and not compromise. (References: Daniel 6:10-17, Esther 4:15-16)
2. Days of death
– Death is inevitable.
– Death never conquered Jesus; death was the transition of Jesus from mortality into immortality.
– When an individual stands before death, he/she is questioned if the assignment was completed on earth.
– Knowing God is a process, knowing God is progressive.
– What makes a youth is his strength.
– One must be deliberate in knowing God.
– We allow our challenges to dictate our service to God.
– Despite the present situation of the country, we should not compromise our faith; we must trust the Lord.