IT IS TIME TO SHINE (Feb 1, 2022) BY BRO EMMANUEL
It is a common characteristic for light to shine in the dark. It is not by mistake for Jesus to typify the believers as light because He is light Himself and we need to resemble Him in all sense of it. In John 8:12, He openly declared to the whole world that ‘I am the light of the world’. It now depends on anyone who cares to follow the light. He so much trouble the kingdom of darkness to the extent that the devil did not understand him at all. John 1:5.
WHY IS IT TIME TO SHINE?
1. Light shines more in the midst of darkness. Of what use is light if it cannot shine. It ought to shine more in the dark.
2. The presence of light brings joy to the environment. The early disciples took the gospel (Christ) to nations around them.
3. The glory of God had risen upon you. The story of Peter is enough to tell us what happens when the glory of God comes upon a man.
4. Light keeps darkness far away. Different kind of reptiles and insects thrive in the dark. e.g. Cockroaches and rats, but as soon as light is switched on, you see them scurry about for hiding. The more you shine the better for you and your environment. Matt. 4:16, Lk. 7:11-16, Isa. 9:2-3, Acts 8:5-8, Isa. 60:1-2, Matt. 26:69-71, Acts 3:13-26, I Pet. 5:8-9, James 4:7, Lk. 8:16-17, 11:33-36, Phil. 2:15.
HOW DO YOU SHINE?
1. Keep connected to your Source of supply. Every light that shines has a source. If light is cut off from the source, no matter the voltage it carries, it cannot shine.
2. Constantly doing good works. Dorcas is a good example of someone full of good works. Though, she died, her works spoke on her behalf and she was raised back to life. Paul kept on emphasizing on good works.
3. Keep renewing your lamp. Daily looking at yourself in the mirror of the word of God helps you to wake up.
4. Keep preaching the gospel. As you engage in evangelism continuously, sin will be far from you. You will definitely want to live an exemplary life for your converts as Paul said in 2 Cor. 4:6, I Cor. 11:1.
5. Avoid fellowship with darkness. Remember the story of Ahab who married a daughter of a Baal worshiper. I Kings 16:31-34. Keep away from unclean things at all times.
Jn. 15:4-5, I Sam. 16:14, 17:11, Matt. 5:16, Acts 9:36-40. Eph. 2:10, Col. 1:10, I Thess. 4:10, I Tim. 5:10, Matt. 25:1-11, Rom. 12:1-2, Ps. 51:11, Eze. 18:31, Eph. 4:22-24, Col. 3:10, Titus 3:5, Matt. 24:14, ll Cor. 6:14-18, I Cor. 15:33, Isa. 52:11.