Divine Guidance – Part 3 by BRO. KENNETH ILENRE
DIGGING DEEP (February 2, 2021)
Topic: Divine Guidance – Part 3
INTRODUCTION: In the second part of our study on Divine Guidance, we leant about prophecy, direct and indirect. We also learnt the nine guidelines for judging a prophecy to know whether it is true or false. In this third part, we will look at Visions.
1. A vision is a direct illumination from God, Invariably, visions occur while the person concerned is awake or on the verge of sleep. This is perhaps because some people are too busy or too impatient to hear the small still voice of God so that they need to see since they refuse to hear, Exodus 3:1-6, Judges 6:11-23, Judges 13:2-14, Acts 1:1-9, Revelation 1:9-16. The intensity of a vision works on the principle that the farther away we are from God, the louder He has to shout.
2. Visions are also given at times because some people need a concrete experience, a sort of strong point of reference for future service. The principles is that God must speak to us in direct proportion to the challenge we will face in the future, Joshua 5:13, 6:5, acts 16:9-10, Acts 16:22-24, Acts 26:16.
3. A vision may be given to guide or to prepare someone for an important ministry, particularly when the ministry may be dangerous or risky – Acts 10:1-8.
4. A vision can also be given to warn against the danger of self-overestimation or to announce the impending judgment of God – Isaiah 6:1-5, Dan.5:1-5, 25-30, Isaiah 21:1-2, Ezekiel 11:24, 12:27, Daniel 8:1-14.
5. Do you wish to see God? Can you satisfy the necessary conditions? – Matthew 5:8, Number 21:9, John 3:14-15, Acts 7:55, II Kings 6:17, Hebrews 11:24-27, Hebrews 12:4, I Corinthians 2:9-10.
CONCLUSION: What more can a man ask than to have God as a Reward