CHILDREN IN A RIGHTEOUS NATION by Dcn Tomi- Digging Deep
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. God through the ages, as revealed by the Bible, has always abided by this divine law as shown through his dealing with many Nations/Empires of the Bible days like Israel, Babylon, Egypt, Assyria etc. May God open our spiritual eyes as we study His words in Jesus name, Amen.
1. ISRAEL- A TYPE OF AN UNRIGHTEOUS NATION The Israelites felt it did not matter how they lived, as long as they brought God lots of burnt offerings. God was angry and sent His prophets to warn them, but they did not listen. They were carried away into Assyria as slaves. Amos 5:21-24; 8:4-6; Ezek. 7:23; 13:19; 14:4; Jere. 8:10; 2 Kings 17: 16-17; Ezek. 8:16; Jere. 2:34-35; 8:8.
2. THE CONSEQUENCES OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IN A NATION The consequence of sin showed God’s righteous and just nature. These includes: (1) Bondage or captivity, (2) fall of the nation, (3) famine, (4) war, (5) Epidemic of diseases (6) sorrow and (7) poverty Josh. 8:33-34; Lam. 2:21; Judges 5:8; Lam. 2:11-12; 2 Kings 6:28-30; Deut. 28:53,59; Lam. 1:12.
3. ONLY RIGHTEOUS SOLUTION TO SIN IN A NATION
It is only genuine and true repentance from sin and faith toward God through Jesus Christ that can avert God’s judgement on a Nation.
Acts. 3:19, Joel 1:12, Matt. 27:3-5, 2Cor. 7:10, Joel 2:13; Ezek. 18:31.
4. CHILDREN IN A RIGHTEOUS NATION Homes are the building blocks of the Nation. For a Nation to be righteous, the following steps should be observed.
1. Clean out our homes from all satanic things
2. Wage war against the enemies of the home
3. Wage war against parental weakness. 4. Excel in your duty as a parent as you teach good parental example.
Acts. 19:18-19, Mal. 2:14-16, 1Chron. 26: 10, Gen. 37:3, Est. 5:11; 9:10; Deut. 6:7; Gen. 18:18-19; 2 Tim. 1: 5.